Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What a Day!

Today was a beautiful day....the temperature was pleasantly cool and there was a nice breeze. I probably should have been doing school related homework, but instead I was sitting on my front porch dealing with my addiction...facebooking!! Then I decided I would go to a antique book store that my neighbor mentioned to me the other day. I arrived at a store that I almost thought was abandoned until I got up close to the door and looked in through the dirty glass. Inside there were thousands of old books from floor to ceiling covering almost all of the floor space. I ended up looking for nearly an hour and decided to buy some nice 100 + year old book sets....they really are beautiful leather bound books. Antique book collecting has been an interest of mine for several years now. I think that they really give us some insight into the past and how people once lived their lives. While I'm on the subject of the past.....today was a day of remembering the awful events of six years ago. I had a very nostalgic day...remembering where I was and what I was doing back then, but also thinking about how far I had come since then....sophomore in high school to senior in college...wow how different my life is! I can hardly believe that so many years have passed so quickly. Now it's time for the homework that I neglected earlier :(

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is amazing what all can change in six years...or 100. Whichever you're counting. I would love loved to spend that great day outside. Instead, I just opened all the windows :)